Going Keto? This Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is For You!
One of the biggest reasons people fail to stick to “diets”, if not the biggest reason, is that they don’t enjoy the food that they need to eat. You’ll want to eat this whether you’re in keto or not!
By Roger Lockridge
The Keto Diet has been seeing a steady rise in popularity over the last decade and it’s been at its peak over the last year or so. While there are pros and cons in the argument around how effective it is, one big perk is that people are finding great ways to eat food which ultimately means they will be more likely to stick with their plans and see results.
If the thought of a cheese burger ever crosses your mind but don’t have a cheat meal in your plan anytime soon, go with this recipe which is keto friendly and very enjoyable whether you’re dieting or not! This recipe serves six people, and will take a total of around 20 minutes to prepare. If you’re preparing this for only yourself, you can store the remaining servings in the fridge to reheat later or keep it in your slow cooker.
- 6 slices Bacon
- 12 oz. Ground Beef (80/20 or greater. 73/27 or less won’t work as well.)
- 2 tbsp. Real Butter
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 onion (or ½ tsp. onion powder)
- 1-2 tsp. Yellow Mustard (if you like mustard, add more. If not, you can skip this.)
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Ground Red Pepper
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder
- 2½ tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 Dill Pickle, diced
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (mozzarella is a good one to use too)
- 3 oz. Greek Yogurt (if you want you can use cream cheese instead)
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- Start by preparing and cooking your bacon like you normally would.
- Remove your bacon from the frying pan and start cooking the hamburger meat in the bacon grease left in your pan.
- In a separate pan, add the butter and all the spices. Allow them to cook together for 45-60 seconds.
- Add the broth, tomato paste, cheese, mustard and greek yogurt to the spices mixture. Let this cook for 5-6 minutes. The greek yogurt should be merged completely in the sauce.
- Add the diced pickles and heavy cream to the sauce. You should have a nice and brown creamy texture.
- Pour your sauce over the hamburger meat with your prepared bacon and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- You’re done! Dig into your keto friendly meal.
432 calories. 35 grams fat, 4 grams carbs, 26 grams protein.
The post Going Keto? This Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is For You! appeared first on Muscle Media Magazine.